Holidays (studio closed)
Spring Break Week – March 12-18
4th of July
Thanksgiving Weekend – November 24-28
Christmas Break – December 22-January 4
There will be no credit given for holidays, please schedule a make-up class for missed classes.
Good attendance is imperative as absences and tardiness can hold back an entire class, and the studio cannot jeopardize its responsibilities to the rest of the class for one student. Please make every effort to have your child at every class and on time. If your child is tardy, they should knock before entering and ask permission to participate. A proper warm-up is imperative to prevent injury. Whether or not your dancer can participate will be at the teacher’s discretion. Progress depends on regular and consistent participation.
Turning Pointe dancers are expected to show respect to Turning Pointe’s instructors as well as other dancers while participating with any activity that involves Turning Pointe of Melbourne, Inc. We will not tolerate any form of harassment or bullying.
Dress Attire and Hair
Please see the Classes Page for specific details on appropriate dress attire and hair style for each class.
Turning Pointe will be holding classes if the studio is safe, has power and the teachers are available to teach classes. Please call or check online prior to coming to class, there will be a message on the Turning Pointe of Melbourne website stating whether Turning Pointe is open.
~Social Media Policy~
Teachers and faculty of Turning Pointe of Melbourne, Inc. are advised not to accept requests or private messages from current students and/or parents via social media. We believe that social media interaction can be misinterpreted too easily. It is our policy, at Turning Pointe of Melbourne, Inc. to have all studio related questions and concerns discussed, in person, at the studio to avoid any such misinterpretations. If you need to speak with Miss Lin, or any of the other teachers, please email the studio at email@example.com or call/text (321) 254-2340 to schedule a meeting. You may have to leave a message, as most of the time we are unable to answer the phone due to class instruction. If the issue is minor, you may speak with the appropriate person between classes.
Parent Involvement (If Lobby is Open)
Parents are asked not to go into the studio while class is in progress. Instruction will come from teachers only. Please inform the director of any physical disability or ailment that may affect the safety of your child or the safety of others. Parents will help their dancer understand the importance of following Turning Pointe rules. Please arrive to class on time and pick-up on time. Turning Pointe of Melbourne, Inc. is not responsible for students left in the lobby. Please instruct your children not to leave the lobby until you arrive to pick them up. Please supervise your dancer’s siblings. Turning Pointe is not responsible for siblings in the lobby.
Lost or Stolen Items
Turning Pointe is not responsible for lost or stolen items.
No food or beverages except WATER are allowed in the studio.
Student Late Pickup Fee
Dancers MUST be picked up if they have breaks longer than 15 minutes between classes, they cannot wait in the lobby longer than 15 minutes. Parents who are late will be charged a late fee of $1.00 per minute, per child with no cap. Late fees are payable in cash to the closing teacher upon pick up. Unpaid late pick up fees will be billed to the dancer’s account balance. Upon the third late pickup and for all late pickups thereafter, a penalty of $30 will be billed in addition to the applicable per-minute fees.
Turning Pointe of Melbourne COVID-19 Procedures and Safety Protocol
Health and Safety
• Please help us keep our studio as safe as possible by keeping your child home from dance if he/she has a fever or is ill in any way. Many common illnesses share symptoms with COVID-19 and it is impossible for us to differentiate between illnesses.
• If we feel any dancer or employee may be ill they will be asked to go home immediately or sit in a designated area until a parent is contacted for immediate pickup. Dancers and employees who have been sent home must quarantine for a minimum of 10 days (dancers may take online classes during this time). Once a dancer/employee’s quarantine is complete they may return to the studio when they are symptom free and have been fever free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications.
• Any dancer/employee who has been in direct contact with someone who has tested positive or has tested positive themselves for COVID-19 must quarantine for a minimum of 10 days. Once a dancer/employee’s quarantine is complete they may return to the studio when they are symptom free and have been fever free for at least 24 hours without the use of fever reducing medications.
o In addition to the quarantine requirements above, any dancer/employee who either
tests positive or lives in an household with someone who has tested positive for COVID19 must have a negative COVID-19 test prior to returning to the studio.
• If a dancer does not follow any of Turning Pointe’s Procedures and Safety Protocols they will be asked to sit in a designated area and a parent will be contacted for immediate pickup.
• Please inform Miss Lin of any medical conditions you feel she should be aware of.
• All students will be dropped off at the main entrance.
• Wait in the car upon arrival until a teacher opens the door.
• Dancers need to arrive in dance clothes (black leotard, tights, and biker shorts) they can wear throughout the evening. There will be no changing of clothes at the studio.
• If a dancer is more than five (5) minutes late they will not be allowed to enter. (The lobby door will remain locked from the outside during class. The doors will open freely from the inside.)
• All dancers and teachers will sanitize their hands upon entry. Touchless hand sanitizer stations have been installed throughout the studio.
• All dancers need to take temperature prior to coming to dance; anyone with a temperature of 99.5° must stay home and dance on zoom.
• The lobby will be closed and locked from the outside at all times. (The doors will open freely from the inside.)
o Combination and Creative parents can log in via Zoom to watch the class during the month of August.
• ONLY dancers and teachers will be allowed in the lobby.
• Dancers should use the bathroom before arrival at the studio.
• If dancers or teachers need to use the studio bathroom, they must wash hands for at least 20 seconds after using the bathroom.
• No parents, siblings, etc. will be allow to use the bathroom.
• The studio and bathroom will be disinfected. This includes:
o Mopping both studios
o Disinfecting door knobs, barres, etc.
o Cleaning bathrooms
• Dancers will exit through the main door that they were dropped off at 5 minutes prior to the end of their class time.
• Dancers MUST be picked up if they have breaks longer than 15 minutes between classes, they cannot wait in the lobby longer than 15 minutes. Please refer to the schedule posted on the Turning Pointe website for any questions regarding pickup times.
• Dancers MUST be picked up on time.
We will be evaluating these procedures weekly and will keep you posted if anything changes.
Let’s all work together to make the studio a safe place for our Turning Pointe family!